Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Should we give up on President Trump?

I think it is still too early to conclude that Trump is unfit (despite the self-serving cries of the ultra-left and their media mouthpieces). None of this should be a surprise, and apparently isn't to the 40-45 percent of those polls who think he's doing fine (carrying out his campaign promises, which in itself is unique). Trump campaigned as the unpresident and has kept his promise.

We seldom have presidents come into office prepared to be president: Carter, Clinton, Bush II and Obama come to mind. The key is whether they grow into the chair or fall off it. The reaction to Trump is unprecedented; e.g., leaks (at least some of which are coming from Obama holdovers bent on revenge), disruption by Dems in Congress and insouciance by Republicans there, 24/7 propaganda against him from much of the media, etc.

If not unhinged, then much of the media is confused. They continue to report what they want to think, which is one reason why they walk around with Trump's Twitter hooks in their mouths. It's very hard to determine with any degree of certainty which Trump Trumpets are on purpose and which are not. He may be a mental basket case and he might just be much brighter than his rough exterior projects. I don't pretend to know the answer, but, since I hold the media in approximately the same disregard and disgust as Trump, I tend to give Trump the benefit of the doubt where many would not. Two evils neither of which is worse than the other, so I just go with my gut (after which I need plenty of Alka Seltzer (oh, my god, don't FIZZ!!!).)
If I had to predict, I'd guess that he will fall out of the chair. But, he deserves more time to get his administration and himself under control. In the meantime, I'm sure the Democrats are preparing the impeachment papers and are just waiting for the right causation.
One thing for sure: History is being made and we are witness to it.
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment