Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

A LITTLE BIT OF NOTHING

Sure life is uncertain but comes with assured end;
Of this I'm certain: whatever will be will be,
I wanted a red Mercedes and green cash to lend,
but my budget's a green Ford, my checkbook red's sea.

I turned to my doctor to see if'n I'd mend.
He said not to make lengthy plans with my body.
I don't need so much outta life, my friend,
just a little bitta nothin's good 'nough for me.

I met a learned man with life's secrets to vend
but he had his hand out, I couldn't afford the fee
I surely reap what I sew as I wend
through what wry fate lends me, no matter how sadly.

If I play the game fair, if I don’t bend,
I will live through it for sure, instead of a maybe.
I don’t need so much outta life, my friend,
just a little bita nothin’s good ‘nough for me.

Copyright ©1996, Patrick D. Fero. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. We may know life will end,
    But not how, where, and when,
    That's what keeps life interesting,
    Don't you know that, my friend?

    ReplyDelete